Our Winnipeg chapter of HOPE worldwide Canada have been focused on bringing relief to the city’s needy since 1998. Here in Manitoba we are a diverse group of volunteers from all walks of life who provide a variety of services. Some of the projects we have created or facilitated include:
- A free 2 week summer day camp for youth who are wards of Child & Family Services agencies, aimed at providing summer fun and life skills training in a fun environment.
- A partnership with Winnipeg Child and Family Services that has HOPE volunteers serving at various events benefiting foster children and their families, as well as events collecting food and household supplies for youth leaving foster care to live on their own
- Teaching practical life skills to youth who are aging out of foster care to live independently
- Homeless Partners Christmas Wishlist Program – interviewing and sharing online the personal stories of individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty along with their gift wishes so that they can receive a personalized Christmas gift from generous Manitobans
- Emergency relief fundraising for the Centers of HOPE Philippines, which serve abused and abandoned children
- Serving the community in Winnipeg with community cleanups, BBQs, blood drives and spending time with the elderly as part of our annual National Day of Service
- Christmas parties for inner city families
For more information on these programs or to partner with our Winnipeg Chapter, please contact Krista Wiebe.