The volunteers of the Winnipeg chapter of HOPE worldwide Canada have been focused on bringing relief to the city’s needy since 1998. Here in Manitoba we are a diverse group of volunteers from all walks of life who provide a variety of services. Some of the projects we have facilitated have included:
- A partnership with Winnipeg Child and Family Services that has HOPE volunteers volunteering at various events serving foster children and their families, as well as events collecting food and household supplies for youth leaving foster care to live on their own
- Teaching practical life skills to youth who are aging out of foster care to live independently
- Homeless Christmas Wishlist Program – interviewing and sharing online the personal stories of individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty along with their gift wishes so that they can receive a personalized Christmas gift from generous Manitobans
- Emergency relief fundraising for the Centers of HOPE Philippines, which serve abused and abandoned children
- Serving the community in Winnipeg with community cleanups, BBQs, blood drives and spending time with the elderly as part of our annual National Day of Service
- Christmas parties for inner city families
For more information on these programs or to partner with HOPE Winnipeg, please contact Krista Wiebe.
Krista Wiebe, Chapter Director for Winnipeg
Krista Wiebe has a background in accounting and has served on several non-profit boards over the last 15 years – mostly in a financial advisory role. Her heart is with serving the poor and she has been volunteering with HOPE for just over five years. Along with her family Krista had the privilege to serve in a Hope Youth Corps in Bangkok, Thailand over the 2016 Christmas break.
Krista has held different leadership roles both in and out of the workplace and took on the role of chapter director of Winnipeg in 2016. With the support of a fantastic advisory group and dedicated volunteers – it is a joy for her to serve in this capacity.