HOPE worldwide Canada Toronto Central Ride for Refuge 2017
Join Us at the Ride for Refuge 2017Welcome to the HOPE worldwide Canada Toronto Central chapter page for Ride for Refuge. Thank you for your interest in getting involved in the Ride for Refuge.
You can walk or ride or bike. Or just donate.
The Ride for Refuge 2017 will be held on September 30, 2017
Please visit our Team Page “HOPE worldwide Canada Toronto Central” to sign up. Invite your family and friends and share it through social media or email.
Here are the full details for the Ride: Ride Day Details
Here is a quick message from the Chapter Director, Phil Osagie:
All set for 2017 Ride for Refuge….
The 2017 Ride for registration is here. It will take place in Toronto Downtown, starting 8 am. The Toronto Central Team did great last year. We can do it again.
The first step is to register to participate. Registration is easy. Just follow the simple steps below, to join our team.
See you all at the Ride on September 30.
Steps to registration
- Click registration link here
- To register, Select Join Team ( Alternatively, to simply donate only, select Donate now )
- Select location- Toronto downtown
- Tick accept waver
- Select registration type(adult or youth or child)
- Take option – I will raise $150 or pay $25 before September 15 or $40 after September 15. Then answer survey questions.
- Set fundraising goal
- Select T shirt size
- Select T shirt size
- Answer few personal questions. Eg gender, age range etc
- Put your name and address.
- Select your user name and password
- Registration is complete and you are good to go.
- You can start spreading the word and warming up for the ride.
The Toronto Central chapter is involved in different events and projects throughout the year to help the poor and vulnerable in downtown Toronto.
- Serving at Sistering, which provides services and activities to vulnerable women
- Good Shepherd Mission, a homeless shelter in Toronto
- Helping Hand for Ukraine Project
- Annual jeans and socks drive to collect gently used second hand clothes for the poor
- Toronto Ukraine Festival
The goal of the Toronto Central chapter is to help the poor and disadvantaged get to levels that they have never reached before and help them to have fresh hope again.
The Toronto Church Chapter is led by Phil Osagie, the chapter director. He has demonstrated a strong commitment to helping the poor around the world, especially in Toronto and Africa.
With a stong background in international business and public relations, Phil has been active in the work for the poor for many years. . He has been a community advocate and supporter of several charities including War Child, World Vision and the Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) where he serves as Vision mate. He is the co-founder of the African Blind Foundation, a charity that provides educational and material support to blind persons in the African continent.
He is married to an ‘angel,’ Stella, and they have three sons.
Phil Osagie can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Jeans, Boots and Socks Drive