These are unprecedented times we are going through. How we have traditionally served and helped those going through challenging seasons in their lives has changed as well, as we continue to serve and “love our neighbours” while practicing safe physical distancing. Volunteers in Halifax have found several ways to do this and have been busy serving the community while keeping safe!
The Halifax Chapter of HOPE worldwide Canada is incredibly grateful for its many dedicated volunteers and generous donors!
With their assistance, since the COVID-19 virus broke, we have been able to (safely and with proper social distancing protocols in place) help our local community during these times by:
- Collecting and donating Hand Sanitizer and Grocery Store gift cards to the “Adsum House” for women and children
- Donating blankets to a local Emergency Pop-Up Shelter
- Dropping off Tooth Paste & Toothbrushes, and Shaving Cream & Razors that were collected to the “Out of the Cold” Shelter
- Making non-medical face masks at home and distributing them to those in our community who can use them
- Purchasing, collecting, and donating Alcohol Sanitizer and Hand Soap for the local “Sunday Supper” program
We believe that together, we can all get through this! Stay tuned for more ways in which you can help us help others as we are “Bringing hope, Changing lives.”
If you have any more suggestion on how our volunteers can serve our neighbours in need or if you would like to get involved with our Halifax Chapter, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.