Contract Duration: mid-June to mid-August – 8 weeks, 35 hours/week
Salary: $12/hour (funding assistance provided by Canada Summer Jobs Program)
The Summer Day Camp Program Assistant will assist the Camp Executive Director in preparation for and the execution of our 2 week Max Out Summer! Day Camp for children who are wards of Winnipeg Child & Family Services agencies. This role will assist in the development of a dynamic and accessible camp program for children ages 6 to 12 years; prepare materials needed to ensure proper training and safety procedures; provide general supervision of campers and volunteer camp counsellors.
- Assist in the development of a dynamic and accessible camp program
- Assist in the preparation of training materials and schedule for Camp Counsellor training
- Develop registration sheets, camp signage, waivers and other required printed materials
- Monitor camper online registration and compile registration lists; follow up with families and social workers when questions or concerns arise from registrations
- Respond to public and camper family inquiries
- Coordinate guest speakers and special events to be held at camp
- Assist in the daily preparation and clean-up of camp programs
- Assist with safe check-in and check-out of campers
- Make purchases and maintain a detailed record of purchases and expenditures for all Camp staff and volunteers
- Use provided vehicle to run errands for camp
- Assist with camp activities and step in when additional assistance with children is needed.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30
- Drivers license with a clear drivers record
- Proven experience with children between the ages of 6 to 12 years
- Able to obtain a clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check prior to job start date
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A responsible and mature attitude
- Effective communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions
- Self-motivation and problem solving abilities
- Must be able to receive and respond positively to feedback
To apply to this posting, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to midnight on May 31st, 2019 (application date extended).
While HOPE worldwide Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that the successful candidate will be required to provide a cleared criminal record and vulnerable sector check.